Allies - War After Croatia Joins the Axis (I) - 06 Apr to 23 Apr 1940

06 Apr 1940: I start in Southeast Asia preparing the Empire for conflict with Comintern.
09 Apr 1940: Now what is going on? What triggered that? Luckily I have an Army in the vicinity.
10 Apr 1940: Bulgaria doesn't exist anymore so this is probably another nation's Focus causing this. Note that I made the wrong choice there.
I have negative PP at the moment and I don't need to improve relations with Yugoslavia anymore.
12 Apr 1940: We formally declare war on Croatia.
Croatia isn't a powerhouse so this shouldn't take long.
I draw up plans and activate the offensive.
13 Apr 1940: Research has completed on the Handley Page Halifax.
I commence researching the Avro Lancaster. I won't be building the Halifax because it is already outdated and I don't have the resources (Military Factories).
My current Research projects.
Near Belgrade we already have contact with Croatian forces and the Synthetic Refinery will be completed in 21 days.
13 Apr 1940: I'm still consuming more Fuel than I am producing but I'm not too worried.
14 Apr 1940: More divisions are now arriving at the front and the battle has swung in our favour.
16 Apr 1940: I add a fourth Dockyard to the Town Class Cruiser production.
17 Apr 1940: Breakthrough is imminent.
Later that night we have advanced and are not allowing the defenders any rest.
19 Apr 1940: All these want to join the war and I decline all.
23 Apr 1940: We have captured the Croatian capital Zagreb. I've sent 3 Indian divisions south to help clear the pocket on the Hungarian border.
The new capital is Dubrovnik so we'll capture that in the next post. 

Comments