Allies - Struggling in France (I) - 03 Aug to 14 Aug 1940

03 Aug 1940: I won't lose any sleep....
07 Aug 1940: It's time to end this campaign in North Africa. I order 3rd Armoured Division to bash its way to Oran. I'll add that 2nd armoured division that's in training.
Their colleagues in the East have broken through the enemy lines too. They'll soon link up.
That's a large Italian fleet under Soviet command! The US Navy has lost a Submarine.
The front in France is barely holding. The Germans have advanced in the south nearing Lyon while the Free French are expanding in the west.
08 Aug 1940: A Portuguese Civil War is the last we needed in Iberia.
These are the good guys - the other is fascist. The other two wars are at status quo.
I send the good guys a Lend Lease package.
The Germans have Air Superiority over Northern France....
....and are dangerously close to Paris. We are counterattacking east of the city but further southeast it looks bleak. I see only two US divisions and they appear to be walking away from the battle.
09 Aug 1940: I add a 2nd Military Factory to Anti-Tank Gun production.
I transfer the 19th RAF Squadron with 108 Hurricanes to Normandy.
10 Aug 1940: Now that is a disaster! We were counterattacking a couple of days ago.
12 Aug 1940: The Germans definitely have the initiative at the moment and we are in trouble.
I add an 8th Military Factory to the production of 25-pdr Artillery Guns.
Overseas we are making excellent progress in NW Africa....
....while on New Caledonia we are advancing on Nouméa, the capital.
In SE Asia we are mopping up. That'll soon be over.
13 Aug 1940: We accept a Lend Lease of Support Equipment from the British Raj....
....and we agree to a non-aggression pact with Latvia.
Libya joins our war against the Germans.
14 Aug 1940: The Germans no longer have air superiority but neither do we. My Fuel stocks are getting dangerously low. Only 91 days left.
It's not looking good in France and I may have to commit 1st Army - the last one in the UK. 

Comments