Allies - Warfare Around the Globe (II) - 25 Jun to 08 Jul 1940

25 Jun 1940: I have placed the 6 new Infantry Divisions in Army Training,
29 Jun 1940: A strange War Summary. France will 'capitulate with 70% or less'. Normally it is 20% or less.
In an effort to save fuel I place these 3 Squadrons on standby.
30 Jun 1940: The conquest of Syria is almost complete.
My plans for French NW Africa.
02 Jul 1940: I called British Malaya into the war.
We sank 3 Italian Submarines. Good work, guys!
In one week France has gone from 17% to 27% towards capitulation!  What is going on?
04 Jul 1940: The Focus Motion of No Confidence has completed. It looks like Winston Churchill become the next PM.
I add a 6th Military Factory to the production of Support Equipment.
I select Amphibious Warfare for my next Focus.
06 Jul 1940: The 34th Indian Division has successfully landed on Madagascar. Now it must march NE to capture the port and airfield.
Two minor naval battles which haven't really decided anything. We know however that a large French fleet is in the Bay of Biscay and not in the English Channel.
We've encountered a Soviet Division in Indo China. I divert a couple of divisions to deal with it.
08 Jul 1940: That French fleet is now in the English Channel and is under air attack.
I add another Dockyard to the production of Merchants. There are US divisions in France! They have already invaded?
That explains the high French level of capitulation.
Paris has fallen and Calais is now the capital.
I cancel my Amphibious Assaults....
....then order Army Canada plus 6 divisions from 1st Army to an already captured port.
A naval battle between the US and Germany is ongoing in the Eastern North Sea. The US Navy is winning.
The situation in Southern France. There are a lot of Soviet divisions at the front.
That France is almost knocked out of the war is a huge surprise. I have to send troops to France because when it capitulates all French divisions will disappear and no doubt the Wehrmacht will take advantage of that.

Comments