Turkey - The Ottoman-Abyssinian War - 30 Aug to 06 Nov 1917

30 Aug 1917: I declare war on Abyssinia....
....then activate the two amphibious assaults.
I switch to the Land screen mode. It takes a while for them to arrive. 
08 Sep 1917: They have secured a beachhead and the research on Battlecruiser I has finished.
I choose Early Support Weapons III next.
10 Sep 1917: I order the remainder of my invasion force to Asmara while those ashore expand the perimeter.
12 Sep 1917: I'm relieved that no other country has joined the war on Abyssinia's side.
13 Sep 1917: My Mexican Expedition Force has arrived home....
....and I assign them to 1st Army.
Most of my divisions are now in Eritrea and are attacking in several directions.
20 Sep 1917: Great, my troops now have Flamethrowers I.
I assign the new MF to Infantry Equipment production.
I start researching Early Fighter III which is another 1918 technology.
My current Research projects.
26 Sep 1917: There is stubborn resistance but our superior numbers will wear them down.
01 Oct 1917: The three divisions which were north of Harar have been pushed back leaving their right flank wide open.
05 Oct 1917: My two Heavy Tank Brigades are engaging those three divisions while the remaining 11 divisions head for Harar then Addis Ababa.
06 Oct 1917: The plan appears to be working.
09 Oct 1917: The refit of he last Protected Cruiser has finished so I reassign the Dockyards. Harar is about to fall leaving road to Addis Ababa wide open.
I need more Steel so I import some from Austria-Hungary.
16 Oct 1917: Addis Ababa appears to have fallen and Abyssinia is now 87% towards capitulation.
28 Oct 1917: I launch a massive attack on Gondar - the only Abyssinian city left in the north of the country.
19 Oct 1917: The Focus Aircraft Production has completed....
....and I select Artillery Effort II next.
02  Nov 1917: Three more days and that should end the war. Most of the Armoured Corps is heading south to capture Mogadishu in Somalia.
05 Nov 1917: Abyssinia is about to capitulate. The losses are low on both sides.
Now we negotiate the Peace Treaty. A considerable amount of equipment has been captured.
I take Eritrea and Somalia (Italiana?)....
...then puppet the rest.
06 Nov 1917: VoilĂ ! The Treaty of Addis Ababa. 
We now have a foothold in East Africa and a port in the Indian Ocean. Mission accomplished. 

Comments