Turkey - Breakthrough in France - 14 Jan to 02 Mar 1916

14 Jan 1916: The Germans have broken through the French fortifications and are advancing SW along the Swiss border. Also my Land Doctrine Specific Encirclement has finished research.
I select the Doctrine Deep Defence next.
My current Research projects. This doesn't look good for France.
17 Jan 1916: The French appear to have contained the German thrust but for how long?
18 Jan 1916: The region does have defences (bottom-left) but the Fort is already damaged.
21 Jan 1916: Besancon has no prepared defences!
25 Jun 1916: I can recruit a Spy
04 Feb 1916: My Focus Befriend with Afghanistan has completed.
I choose Extra Research Slot (finally).
There is a German breakthrough at Nancy too. Not good for France. They should transfer divisions from the Belgian Front
A better view. I would try to encircle the 14 French divisions east of Nancy.
There is no change in Belgium.
11 Feb 1916: An encirclement is in progress! There are now only 4 French divisions south of Nancy.
19 Feb 1916: The pressure is building - how long can the French hold the line?
In northern Italy the Central Powers are pushing towards Trieste again. Only 4 divisions are blocking the thrust.
I transfer 4 new ships to OE Task Force 3 in the Red Sea.
I decide to refit/upgrade my Messudieh Class Armoured Cruiser rather than scrap it.
That looks better!
20 Feb 1916: Great! My Early Heavy Tank I has been researched.
I select to research Improved Mechanical Computing next.
My current Research projects.
02 Mar 1916: My Construction queue.
A French Army was encircled and it's slowly dying.
Finally I cancel the Lend Lease with Belgium because the delivery efficiency is almost zero.
Finally some movement on the Western Front. More in the next post. 

Comments