Germany - Spain, Austria and Abwehr - 26 Jun to 19 Jul 1937

26 Jun 1937: My current (green) and planned (grey) Army production.
I need more Tungsten so I import it from Portugal.
27 Jun 1937: Spain is beginning to get complicated. The Regional Defence Council of Aragón has left the Spanish Republic and has declared war on the other two factions.
At least they are not Communists!
30 Jun 1937:Great! We have captured Bilbao.
08 Jul 1937: Now the remnant Republican forces in the north need to be mopped up then we can concentrate on capturing Madrid.
10 Jul 1937: 3rd Panzer-Division is ordered westwards to help our friends.
11 Jul 1937: My Spy Agency Abwehr has been created.
14 Jul 1937: The Focus Anschluss has been completed.
We are in the World News again.
18 Jul 1937: Their opinion is irrelevant.
I place an untrained division in the Armeeschule. At first I didn't notice that it's an Austrian division.
The Armeescule has many fully-trained divisions so I return the two Sturm-Divisionen to Armee Ost....
....and assign 7 Infanterie-Divisionen to 2nd Army.
Next I invite the Kingdom of Hungary to join the Axis.
I create Armee Österreich (Austria) from all the unassigned units and order it to the Italian border....
....then assign 2nd Army to the Yugoslavian border.
Hungary joins the Axis.
I need more Tungsten and I import it from Nationalist Spain this time.
19 Jul 1937: I now deploy as many troops as possible....
....and place them all in the Armeeschule. I assign a trained division to 1st Army at the French border.
The Army now has 770,200 troops fielded....
....and to Demand Slovenia I need 750,000 troops in the field.
Mission accomplished. Let's hope that Slovenia is obtained as easy as Austria was. 

Comments