Germany - The Czechoslovakian-German War (I) - 09 Feb to 16 Feb 1939

09 Feb 1939: This a total surprise and I have absolutely no idea what triggered the war declaration. There is a National Focus which gives the Czechs a war goal against Hungary but it hasn't been researched. Not good! My borders with Czechoslovakia are wide open and undefended. Let's hope that most of their Army is on the Hungarian border.
Since I am now at war my forces in Spain are automatically sent home.
Bulgaria wants to join the war but I refuse their request.
The two sides and it doesn't look good for the Czechs. Their entire nation is surrounded by Axis forces.
I order Armee Österreich to defend our border with Western Czechoslovakia.
The Czech-Hungarian border. Romanian forces are in country but are not yet involved in the war.
Southeast of Warsaw I add 9 Sturm-Divisionen to Army Mitte.
A further 10 divisions are added to Armee Polen which is near Krakow.
I send 100 Bombers to Hungary via Lend Lease.
Czechoslovakia's Diplomacy chart.
I split 2nd Army and send 8 divisions to the right flank of Armee Österreich. The remaining 12 divisions are assigned to the front in Hungary. There are no border fortifications there.
The 9th and 11th Panzer-Divisionen are taken out of training and assigned to Panzerkorps Ost.
Seven divisions from Armee Polen are transferred to 1st Army which has been ordered to the border south and west of Krakow.
There are 6 armies involved fielding a total of  91 divisions but few are currently at the border.
Hungary accepts the Lend Lease and I activate a couple of armies.
13 Feb 1939: The Czechs have advanced into Germany and Austria but they have been prevented from capturing Vienna and Krakow.
Breslau, west of Krakow, is also threatened while we start a counter offensive E. of Vienna.
14 Feb 1939: Research has completed on Anti-Tank Upgrade....
....and I select Anti-Air Upgrade next. All our guns will soon be up-to-date.
We shall be receiving the new Panzer III next month as well as the 1940 Destroyer Hull.
15 Feb 1939: The Russian Civil War has ended with a Soviet Victory.
16 Feb 1939: Hungary offers us Lend Lease and we accept.
The Czechs have penetrated into Silesia on a broad front but we are counterattacking and there are many battles in the green 90's. 

Comments