Germany - A New Offensive in Spain - 10 Jan to 23 Feb 1938

10 Jan 1938: I assign 7 Infanterie-Divisionen to Armee Ost and forget that this army only has Sturm-Divisionen so I upgrade the 7 divisions....
....and put them back in training. I also assign 2. Gebirgs-Division to Armee Österreich.
I assign trained naval vessels to active fleets.
16 Jan 1938: A review of my reinforcement situation.
I add Anti-Tank and Anti-Air Support Companies to my Sturm-Division template.
I now have shortages for 2 more items.
18 Jan 1938: I select Radio Interception Group (1) for the Abwehr.
25 Jan 1938: My attack on Madrid is progressing well.
09 Feb 1938: A Civil War begins in Japan....
....and the Focus Extra Research Slot has been completed.
I decide to research Mechanical Computing next.
My current Research.
I return the 7 Sturm-Divisionen to Armee Ost....
....then select Treaty with the USSR as my next Focus. This gives bonuses for Panzer development.
The Sturm-Division upgrade means that several divisions need a little extra training.
I start a new offensive in Spain.
11 Feb 1938: I want to advance on Madrid from the south-east.
15 Feb 1938: Looking good so far.
17 Feb 1938: The advance looks promising but where are my Spanish allies? The Abwehr is upgraded with Radio Interception Group (I).
I plan the construction of 12 Military Factories to boost production.
17 Feb 1938: I commence decryption in Italy.
I send 'Wolf' to Belgrade to build an Intel Network.
19 Feb 1938: The situation in Spain. Still no Spanish support!
20 Feb 1938: The plan looks good....
23 Feb 1938: The Republicans now have two divisions defending but I have all 3 Panzer-Divisionen attacking. I've also been neglecting the Dutch....
....so I remedy that.
That concludes this post. Madrid is not easy to capture but I'll come up with a plan B sooner or later.

Comments