Germany - The World at War - 07 Jul to 08 Aug 1939

07 Jul 1939: There must be something wrong with that Army. I believe Schultz is the General who replaced Paul Hauser who also fell ill.
I choose Emma Fischer as my 3rd operative for the Abwehr.
09 Jul 1939: I sent her to Rome. The Abwehr is upgraded with the Economy/Civilian section.
I select Portable Radios for the next upgrade.
Finally I remind the Dutch again.
13 Jul 1939: Now these two Bohemian Mountain Divisions are useful. Off to training first though.
15 Jul 1939: Great news! The UK is guaranteeing Latvia's independence. Will the Soviet's drag the British Empire into a war against them?
The French are not interested.
18 Jul 1939: That doesn't tell me much....
27 Jul 1939: I deploy the 10 Garrison Divisions early and place them in training.
28 Jul 1939: Too many divisions so I give it garrison duties. It can now have 72 divisions.
I didn't know that I had any.
I convert 4. Panzer-Division to the new format.
03 Aug 1939: Where are all the French Divisions?
04 Aug 1939: Now that happened earlier than planned.
I assign Gerd von Rundstedt to my High Command....
....and send a Lend Lease package to Latvia.
Good to see that the UK is at war.
I create a 2 division 'Army' with Paul Hausser as commander and assign 2 Air Wings.
Latvia has joined the Allies.
I offer Latvia volunteers and they accept.
07 Aug 1939: Can Latvia hold out long enough?
08 Aug 1939: The Abwehr receives the Portable Radios upgrade.
I select Machine-Assisted Decryption (1) next.
The Soviet Union not Germany begins the 2nd World War and all because of Latvia. I'll choose to join when I'm ready - hopefully next Spring when the campaigning season begins. 

Comments