Germany - More Escalation in World War II - 13 Jan to 12 Feb 1940

13 Jan 1940: I select Heinrich Himmler mainly for the extra Manpower but also because of the -25% damage against Garrisons. We'll need Garrison Power in the vastness of Russia!
17 Jan 1940: I assign 4 more Sturm-Divisionen to 4th Army....
....then order 4th Army to Lvov in SE Poland. 
19 Jan 1940: The Soviets are now putting pressure on Finland.
I import Tungsten from Greece....
....then upgrade 2 more Panzer-Divisionen to the new format.
22 Jan 1940: I transfer 5 Sturm-Divisionen to 1st Army.
25 Jan 1940: There are a lot of French divisions on the Romanian-Soviet border.
30 Jan 1940: Oops! I forgot to remind the Dutch. I'm playing 'catch-up' now....
31 Jan 1940: The Soviets have declared war on Finland and they promptly joined the Allies. War in Finland will take many Soviet divisions which won't be available in Russia when I attack.
04 Feb 1940: My agent Cäsar has been captured and I task Otto Skorzeny with her rescue.
I deploy a new Stuka Wing to Krakow.
I create the Nordseeflotte and order it to Weser-Ems naval base.
I send Light Tanks to Finland via Lend Lease.
09 Feb 1940: The Soviets now attack Estonia and they too join the Allies.
10 Feb 1940: Italy now has claims on Yugoslavia.
So it is now the Soviet-UK war. A World War without Germany.
The Soviets and Germany are not friends. I've ordered Ribbentrop not to visit Moskva.
I assign four Armies to Army Group 1 and appoint FM Model as its commander. I delete Armee Ost's orders.
12 Feb 1940: Armeegruppe 1 is now assigned to the border with the Soviet Union.
There is no point in hiding my intentions anymore. Hopefully my action will relieve the pressure on Finland and Estonia. 

Comments