Germany - Bilbao and the Home Front - 22 Jul to 14 Aug 1937

21 Jul 1937: The end of the Republican resistance around Bilbao.
22 Jul 1937: Moving on to the nearest front.
I convert the Austrian Schnelle Division into the 7th Panzer-Division....
....and place it in training. Three fully-trained divisions are transferred to 1st Army.
I Lend Lease more outdated aircraft to Spain.
We only have air superiority in NE Iberia.
23 Jul 1937: My 2nd Gebirgs-Division is finally deployed.
27 Jul 1937: A quick look at Yugoslavia. Their independence is guaranteed by four nations.
Czechoslovakia is also guaranteed by France and Romania (an Axis ally though).
Finally Hungary. Yugoslavia's northern neighbours are all Axis nations.
Czechoslovakia has little resources - not worth the risk of war so early in the campaign.
I create a Garrison Division template.
My southern border and my current Research.
30 Jul 1937: I plan the construction of 4 Dockyards in East Prussia.
I assign two trained Destroyers to the Hochseeflotte.
My surface vessel production.
My Logistics table. We are woefully short in key items.
01 Aug 1937: I switch to War Economy which will boost construction.
05 Aug 1937: I decide to initiate Form Department for cryptology.
07 Aug 1937: Another war has started. This time China versus Sinkiang.
10 Aug 1937: I recruit Sofia Brendel for the Abwehr and assign her to Counter Intelligence.
14 Aug 1937: Now China declares war on Yunnan.
A list of current wars in the world. Republican Spain is losing both of its struggles.
The 75. Infanterie-Division is assigned to 1. Armee.
I deploy a new Stuka Wing in Austria.
Finally I convert Guderian's Infanterie-Divisionen to Sturm-Divisionen.
That's taken care of the Home Front. After looking at the list of current wars I've decided to concentrate on the Spanish Republic not the Aragón mess. Madrid first! 

Comments