Germany - Modernization and the Soviets - 26 May to 01 Jul 1939

26 May 1939: The situation in Spain. I don't intend going back there.
29 May 1939: I assign fully-trained ships to active fleets.
31 May 1939: The Army Doctrine Direct Ground Support has completed....
....and I select the Air Doctrine Formation Flying next.
My current Research. The StuG III will arrive in a few weeks.
06 Jun 1939: The Abwehr receives a new operative - Otto Skorzeny.
08 Jun 1939: I'm short on Tungsten so I import some from Norway.
09 Jun 1939: The Abwehr receives its Army Department upgrade.
I next plan for an Economy/Civilian section within the Abwehr.
10 Jun 1939: I receive a division from the Bohemians and place it in the Armeeschule.
14 Jun 1939: The Focus Synthetic Rubber has been completed....
....and I choose Expand Dockyard Facilities next.
16 Jun 1939: The 12. and 14. Panzer-Divisionen have been deployed so I place them in training.
I also transfer 3 fully-trained divisions to Armee Polen.
20 Jun 1939: The Soviets are continuing down the path to confrontation....
....and they are already justifying war goals against Latvia and I can't help them by guaranteeing their independence.
I deploy 2 new Air Wings in Eastern Poland.
22 Jun 1939: I can now produce the Sturmgeschütz III but I have limited production capacity at the moment..
I select the MP 38 next. The Panzerfaust is also included.
It'll be a while before a research project is completed. The 1940 Cruisers will take a couple of years to build.
29 Jun 1939: My Fuel situation is slowly improving,
01 Jul 1939: I transfer 7 more divisions to Armee Polen.
The Soviets are obviously not afraid of a military confrontation so that must be my highest priority.

Comments