Germany - Spain and the Nazi Approach - 26 Apr to 24 Jun 1937

26 Apr 1937: Civil war in Mexico and I won't get involved.
I convert all infantry divisions in Armee Ost to Sturm-Divisionen.
30 Apr 1937: Research has completed on Improved Machine Tools....
....and I select Improved Oil Processing next.
05 May 1937: The Focus Naval Effort has completed.
I decide to choose the historical path and follow at first in Adolf's footsteps. The Focus Rhineland is bypassed because of my Polish conquest. I now select Anschluß which will hopefully enable me peacefully annex Austria.
Another fully-trained division is assigned to 2nd Army on the Austrian border.
07 May 1937: I add an Anti-Air Support Company to my Gebirgs-Division template.
11 May 1937: Excavation I has been researched and we still haven't crossed that damn river yet.
I decide to research Concentrated Industry II next which not only increases MF output but also the number of factories in a state.
19 May 1937: Three divisions are assigned to Armee Ost on the Soviet border and we are making progress near Bilbao.
26 May 1937: The 3.7cm PaK 36  Anti-Tank gun has been researched....
....and I select Paratroopers I next.
30 May 1937: Two more candidates for conversion to Sturm-Divisionen and they need to go back to the Armeeschule.
10 Jun 1937: It's time to create my Spy Agency - die Abwehr.
11 Jun 1937: I change the Conscription Law to Extensive Conscription which doubles the size of the recruitable population.
16 Jun 1937: We are now at the gates of Bilbao and research has been completed on Construction II. Note a couple of BF109's chasing a couple of Soviet bombers.
I select Excavation II next.
24 Jun 1937: Finally a view of the assault on Bilbao. Great how Spaniards are simply watching.
The Civil War in Spain won't be over quickly. Meanwhile in Germany I am slowly building up forces to assimilate Austria and Slovenia. I haven't decided on Sudetenland or Yugoslavia yet because they could refuse and I am then at war with France. Something I want to avoid. 

Comments