UK - Progess On All Fronts - 06 May to 21 May 1938

06 May 1938:  Next stop Addis Abeba!
08 May 1938: We are also well on are way to Benghazi.
09 May 1938: Either France or the Royal Navy has lost a submarine.
We call the British Raj into the war.
10 May 1938: We move 3 RAF Squadrons from Alexandria to the captured Derna airfield.
We've spotted an Italian division.
I order the Alexandia Fleet back to port.
11 May 1938: Rhodos has been captured so I recall to Red Sea TF too.
One more ridge and our ANZAC divisions are in Addis Abeba.
I deploy the 26th RAF Squadron (Gladiators) at a captured airfield SE of Addis Abeba.
I order an extra division to Rhodos....
....then plot an Amphibious Assault to Heraklion, Crete. The Italions appear to have abandoned the region.
12 May 1938: The Royal Navy has lost a Submarine near Malta.
I am reinforcing the Central Mediterranean with the UK TF 1
13 May 1938: I have ordered the RAF to provide Air Superiority.
14 May 1938: An Italian division in Benghazi is about to be overrun which would complete our conquest of Cyrenaica. Six divisions are attacking into the Sirte defended by only one Italian division.
I order the UK Red Sea TF into the Aegean Sea to gain Naval superiority there.
17 May 1938: Mission accomplished so I can launch the assault on Crete.
19 May 1938: I order our forces from Kenya to link up with the French unit from Somaliland.  We have captured Mogadishu so the Italian troops could be out of supply.
We now have Air Superiority over East Africa.
I transfer Hawker Hectors (Close Support) from Aden.
20 May 1938: The India Army is now united again as we move into Libya's Sirte region.
21 May 1938: We have lost a Destroyer near Malta.
The war is going in our favour but the French and Yugoslavians have suffered more than 40K casualties.
In northern Italy France has broken through the enemy defences and have captured Turin and Milan.
The campaign is going well although slower than expected in East Africa.

Comments