UK - Italy Goes To War and More - 02 Oct to 27 Oct 1937

02 Oct 1937: I check the progress of the Canadian Army on its way to Alexandria.
....also the Civil War in Spain.
07 Oct 1937: I check the equipment status of the Royal Tank Regiment. The main shortage is trucks.
It'll take more than 6 months to fix!
09 Oct 1937: I divert the Canadian 4th District Militia to Malta.
I also start builing two levels of Coastal Fort for Malta. That'll take 36 days.
14 Oct 1937: Italy declares war on Greece....
....and I can't do anything to help them.
16 Oct 1937: What are they waiting for? Christmas?
I assign the 2nd  Submarine Flotilla from the UK Fleet to the Mediterranean Theatre....
....and order it to patrol in the Central and Eastern Mediterranean Sea Regions. They can't intervene unless Italy attacks them.
Still no visible activity.
The Italian Diplomacy ledger - nothing new here either.
19 Oct 1937: I detach a Light Cruiser and 7 Destroyers from the United Kingdom Fleet and order them to patrol the same regions.
The Italians obviously don't own Albania yet or they would be attacking from there.
21 Oct 1937: Finally the invasion forces have arrived and they need to capture a port for each group.
23 Oct 1937: Still no port but I offer Greece Military Access so that they can retreat to our territory if they wish.
Greece accepts but nothing more.
25 Oct 1937: I can't send volunteers but the Italians have made no progress.
27 Oct 1937: The Italians have finally captured a port so the western group is now supplied. We have completed our Focus Mediterranean Bastion.
No big surprise but a welcome one. A Civil War in the Soviet Union.
I select Fortify Malta as my next Focus.
So now we have the Soviet Bloc, a new Faction.
Trotsky is active against Joe Stalin.
It looks like Warsaw may soon be captured by the Polish Peasant forces.
There are 6 wars in world and Britain is not involved. What am I doing wrong?
Finally the Soviets are finally in the headlines.
We now have 23% World Tension but that is still not enough for the UK to get involved. 

Comments