UK - Prioritizing the Mediterranean (II) - 21 Jan to 25 Jan 1938

21 Jan 1938: I transfer the 20th and 21st RAF Squadrons from Cairo to Cyprus.
22 Jan 1938: In Gibraltar I combine the two halves of 5th Submarine Flotilla.
In the Mediterranean Theatre I need at least 3 Fleets so that they can operate independently. UK TF 1 has just become part of the Central Med Fleet.
Next I add 4th Submarine Flotilla which is currently docked in South West England to this Fleet.
I transfer the 3 Aircraft Carriers from Alexandria Fleet to Reserve Fleet....
....and do the same for HMS Eagle in the UK Red Sea Task Force.
I transfer the Western Approches Fleet from the British Theatre to the North Atlantic Theater....
....then order it to Gibraltar.
I order the 4th Submarine Flotilla to Malta and to patrol the Central Mediterranean Region.
25 Jan 1938: I currently have 4 Fleets docked in Gibraltar and because the Central Mediterranean is coloured red one of them may be assigned there.
All 5 of the British Aircraft Carriers are now in Rerseve Fleet.
The 5th Submarine Flotilla is ordered to patrol in the Western Mediterranean.
I transfer 4 Light Cruisers from Reserve Fleet to the UK Red Sea TF....
....then add 5 Destroyers (as an after thought).
I transfer my 5 Carriers to Humber Force....
....which is order to patrol in the North Sea.
While the Carriers are patrolling they can have Pilot Exercises well away from a potential combat zone.
Finally the 23rd RAF Squadron at Gibraltar begins Pilot Exercises.
There has been a lot of 'musical chairs' here but it is easier in peace time than if we were at war.

Comments