UK - Mussolini Plus Another Civil War - 23 Apr to 29 May 1937

23 Apr 1937: I've added 5 x 2 Dockyards to my Construction queue.
I'm hoping that I can shrink my Heavy Cruiser design the same way as with the Aircraft Carrier in the last post, but alas.
I had to reduce the armour, delete a heavy cruiser battery as well as a secondary battery. That's now more like a Light Cruiser and I have enough of those.
My current naval production. I've reduced the number of 1936 Destroyers to be produced. These are the last two.
29 Apr 1937: The 7th Infantry Division is only missing Support Equipment.
30 Apr 1937: Research has been completed on Depth Charge Thrower....
....and I select the 1936 Submarine Hull next.
My current Research projects.
05 May 1937: I send these 3 trained S-Class Submarines back to port.
My South Atlantik Fleet neeeds some Naval Exercises.
07 May 1937: Poland has now declared war on itself.
08 May 1937: In a surprise move the U.S. Congress has required the President to pursue greater Interventionist policies.
So, we have a Peasant Revolt.
13 May 1937: So Mussolini wants to invade Greece. Unfortunately I can't do anything to help them.
19 May 1937: The situation in Spain and we have completed research on Concentrated Industry I.
I follow on with Concentrated Industry II. That gives me more building slots.
There will be no more projects finishing for a while.
22 May 1937: The former Poland is now called Sanationist Poland and has the same leader Moscicki. They appear to be losing the conflict.
The Polish Peasant Republic is Democratic. Another potential ally in tough times.
The World Tension History reveals that Mussolini increased World Tension enough so that I could select General Rearmament.
25 May 1937: The Nazis have lost Hamburg and the Empire now needs Berlin and maybe Breslau to win their Civil War.
29 May 1937: I'm now building my first Dockyard.
The Soviet Union will have an easy target in Poland if the war drags on there. My first concern is Greece however. Can I support them before Italy attacks?

Comments