UK - The Opening Moves Against Italy - 01 May to 05 May 1938

01 May 1938: I order the Alexandria Fleet into the Eastern Mediterranean in order to ensure Naval Superiority in the region.
Our forces move into Eastern Libya with 14 divisions
I activate Air Support.
France appears to be not involved at the moment.
02 May 1938: Yugoslavia has joined the Allies.
Now there is a flurry of activity.
France is now in the conflict so I invite them to join the Allies.
I also invite Czechoslavakia and Romania.
All three countries accept our invitation. Now we are in business.
I activate  our forces in East Africa and it looks promising. In British Somaliland I diverted a division eastwards to block Italian forces.
In the Eastern Mediterranean I add the UK Red Sea TF to counter an Italian push into the region.
One could call that a cautious advance. Too cautious for my liking.
03 May 1938: Our Shadow Scheme Factories are activated.
I use the new Factories for Truck, Support Equipment and Hawker Hurricane production.
04 May 1938: We have advanced on the right flank but the terrain supports the defenders. I've diverted three divisions to support forces to their left.
The UK has zero casualties because most of divisions involved are Empire troops.
Yugoslavia appears to be defending its borders. We only have 88 days of fuel left!
We are winning that Naval battle in the Central Mediterranean.
In Libya we have captured Tobruk. Where are the Italians?
05 May 1938: Good news.
South Africa wants to join the war and I welcome them.
The Dominion of Canada wants to join too so I welcome them.
It's early days but I believe East Africa will not be easy but Libya should be less a problem. Yugoslavia appears to be holding up well. 

Comments