USA - Enhanced Marine Divisions and Pacific Preparedness - 16 Mar to 05 Apr 1939

16 Mar 1939: The newly deployed 77th and 90th Infantry Divisions are placed in training.
I expend 20 Army XP to add 2 Marine Infantry battalions and one Artillery Support company to the Marine Division template.
17 Mar 1939: That results in an Artillery deficit again but only a minor one.
I place the 3 Marine divisions in training.
19 Mar 1939: Research has finished on Active Sonar....
....and I select Depth Charge Thrower next.
A list of my Research projects.
Poland is still Non-Aligned and in a faction with the three Baltic States. The Soviet attack is planned for 09 Jul 1939.
This is why the USA can't join the Allies and why I am going Pacific first. Germany will have enough problems with Soviet Union and they can't really support Japan and/or China.
I import more Rubber from Brazil.
20 Mar 1939: I reduce my Chromium imports from Cuba.
Japan can attack China on 05 Nov 1939. China is also Non-Aligned but not in any faction.
As you can see the US is not too happy with Japan.
I add two more divisions to my Infantry division Recruitment schedule increasing to 8 divisions.
24 Mar 1939: I plan increasing Artillery production to 10 Military Factories.
28 Mar 1939: My Fuel stocks are looking good and a Fuel Silo is planned for Hawaii.
29 Mar 1939: I dissolve Strike Army and assign the 3 divisions to 1st and 2nd Armies.
On Midway Island I plan constructing a level 3 Airfield (600 plane capacity) and expanding the port to level 5. I place both projects at the top of the Construction schedule.
05 Apr 1939: I authorize the creation of the Flying Tigers.
My Army production table...
....and I plan improvements for Wake Island. I'll move them up the schedule after Midway Island's construction has been completed.
We still have a few months before the war in Europe begins and 6 months before Japan attacks China so I sense no urgency.

Comments