Germany - The Road to War - 01 Jan to 28 Oct 1936

01 Jan 1936: The starting position. Most pics won't have comments but where necessary I shall add explanations. My strategy is to conquer Poland as quickly as possible and absorb its industry and resources into the Reich's war economy. I shall be concentrating on expanding my economy in order to maximize he Wehrmacht prior to my attack. New in Hearts of Iron is a totally revamped supply system as well as a new very comprehensive Focus Tree. Also revised are Poland and the Baltic States.







This is also new. The Officer Corps and the various Doctrines are now in one table. Access is through the Army Cap icon top-centre.

02 Jan 1936: I'm only short on Rubber so I import some from the UK.


13 Jan 1936: I remind the Dutch to do trade with Germany not the UK.
19 Jan 1936: I shall also be training Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine ships so that they are no longer 'green' at the beginning of the war. Not all units though because precious fuel is consumed.

04 Feb 1936: This is also new. Supply requires Trains, Trucks and Convoys to keep units at the frontline supplied.



12 Mar 1936: My second Focus Autarky also strengthens the economy.



25 Mar 1936: Now that Abyssinia has been conquered Italy and the World are at peace again.









27 Apr 1936: Here you can see the Rail Network as well as Supply Hubs. If I zoom in trains are also moving along the tracks.


20 May 1936: This Focus again concentrates on Industry giving 6 more Civilian Factories.

I add an Oil Refinery to my Construction schedule.

26 May 1936: Hjalmar Schacht also boosts production.





24 Jun 1936: I deploy 6 more Infanterie-Divisionen early....
....and deploy the first 5 to East Prussia.

10 Jul 1936: I upgrade my invasion plans. 1st Army Group has been created with two armies.
17 Jul 1936: The Spanish Civil War begins.

29 Jul 1936: I aim for 6 more Civilian Factories.



14 Sep 1936: Franz Halder gives a 10% attack bonus.
24 Sep 1936: I deploy 6 more divisions early start recruiting the 4. Panzer-Division.
27 Sep 1936: Very important!
This is also new. I can design my own tanks now. Fun! One needs the bits and pieces though.


07 Oct 1936: Civil War in Estonia - also new.
This is also a great Focus but it won't complete until after the conquest of Poland (hopefully).
21 Oct 1936: That didn't take long....
....and Estonia is now Fascist.
28 Oct 1936: My War Justification has completed.
The German-Polish War will be in the next post. Will they gain allies? Bis bald.

Comments