Germany - The Fate of Czechoslovakia - 24 Jan to 31 Jan 1939

24 Jan 1939: We have completed researching Paratroopers....
....and I select MP 38 next.
Now I can create the Panzer IIIA main battle tank.
I add a Three Man Turret....
....a Medium Cannon....
....and Welder Armour.
I also add 2 points each to Armour and Engine, et voilà.
I replace the SPA III production.
25 Jan 1939: The Focus Fate of Czechoslovakia has been completed....
....and I select Second Vienna Award next.
I now have a War Goal to conquer Czechoslovakia.
Before I do anything I might regret I'll check a few things. The Czechs are at war with the Allies so they shouldn't be a problem. They are in the Belgian Union which could be problematic.
26 Jan 1939: Hungary renounces the Eastern Versailles. About time.
Their new Focus will game claims on territories in Romania and Yugoslavia. That could be dangerous.
Vapsid Estonia is creating their form of the Hitler Youth. Harmless for the Reich.
My Intel on Estonia and Hungary.
I give my armour the correct pics.
I deploy 6 divisions early and place them in training.
I assign 6. Panzer-Division to 1. Panzerarmee.
I decide to attack. First I declare war.
27 Jan 1939: I called Hungary into the war but Estonia is gate-crashing.
28 Jan 1939: I select the War Doctrine Elastic Defence.
I activate 2nd Army so that they attack on a broad front and pin down enemy divisions. I carry out surgical attacks with Guderian's 1. Panzerarmee. This won't take long.
29 Jan 1939: I agree to a Non-Aggression Pact with Italy.
30 Jan 1939: Czechoslovakia is about to capitulate and nobody helped them.
31 Jan 1939: Now it's official and part of the equipment capture are 16 Trains. Why are we still at war? (Top-Centre below 62.)
We finished off Czechoslovakia in two days. That 'At War' icon should have disappeared though. 

Comments