Germany - Italy Invades Yugoslavia - 22 Jul to 07 Sep 1938

22 Jul 1938: The Abwehr is upgraded with an Airforce Department....
....and I commence building a Naval Department next.
29 Jul 1938: My key deficit for Panzer-Division II units is the Medium Panzer. Also research has been completed on MG 34 & 5 cm Granatwerfer 36.
I select the Anti-Tank Upgrade next. Hopefully there will be an effective Tank Gun for my Panzer III.
31 Jul 1938: I convert 5 Infanterie-Divisionen in 1. Army to Sturm-Divisionen.
04 Aug 1938: I appoint Heinrich Himmler as a Political Advisor. He recruits non-Germans for the Wehrmacht and efficiently supresses Resistance.
06 Aug 1938: My current Wehrmacht Production. I've added Civilian Trains.
12 Aug 1938: Research has been completed on Improved Infantry Equipment.
I select the 1940 Destroyer Hull next.
18 Aug 1938: I assign the Cruiser Emden and 4 Destroyers to the Hochseeflotte.
In the Panzer-Division II template I replace the Light Tank battalion with a Light Tank Destroyer battalion.
I now convert Panzer II A's to Marder III Light Tank Destroyers then place them in production.
They are much more powerful than the Light Tank.
19 Aug 1938: I import more Chromium from Turkey.
21 Aug 1938: A Naval Department is added to the Abwehr.
The 6. Panzer-Division is deployed and placed in training.
23 Aug 1938: I add Convoy to Naval production.
28 Aug 1938: My current Research.
03 Sep 1938: Italy declares war on Yugoslavia.
04 Sep 1938: The frontlines. It won't be easy for Italy. They should have annexed Albania first.
I import more Tungsten from Sweden.
06 Sep 1938: I send some Lend Lease to Yugoslavia and they accept.
07 Sep 1938: An eventful day. Finland wins their Civil War, Greece declares war on Turkey and Italy joins the British Empire!!! That requires me to rethink my strategy.
The Focus Tactical Air Effort has been completed....
....and I select First Vienna Award next.
The Czech Diplomacy table.
We are now #6 in the world. The USR has quickly caught up.
I don't want to fight the British Empire so my plan to annex Northern Italy is shelved. The only major nations left are France and Russia.

Comments