Germany - The Rise of the Belgian Union - 27 Dec 1938 to 17 Jan 1939

27 Dec 1938: I start building an invasion force around Czechoslovakia. I already own all its border fortifications so this shouldn't take long conquer.
This could be a nuisance.
They have teamed up with the Czechs.
I'll send my Armee Österreich to cover their border.
28 Dec 1938: Well that is good news because France can no longer join the British Empire.
I create the 1st Army Group with von Rundstedt commanding my armies around Czechoslovakia....
....and FM Eglseer commanding 2nd Army Group in the west.
29 Dec 1938: Research has completed on Anti-Tank Upgrade.
I select 10.5 cm LeFH 18 next.
My current research.
30 Dec 1938: A blow for the Trotskyists.
I return 6 Sturm-Divisionen to 1st Army.
I convert three more divisions to Sturm-Divisionen....
....and place them in training.
I order 6. Panzer-Division to the Czech border.
My plan for invading Czechoslovakia.
I need to restructure my Tungsten imports.
I order Tungsten from Maximalist Portugal instead.
01 Jan 1939: This is becoming a plague.
Italy's amphibious assault failed.
I take 3rd Army out of the Czechoslovakian frontline....
....and extend the fronts of the two remaining armies to cover the gap.
02 Jan 1939: I assign 3rd Army to the Slovenian front just in time to see Yugoslavia join the Belgians. This is beginning to get complicated. I don't want to be drawn into the Italian conflict.
Now Romania joins the Belgian Union. We have a common border with Romania.
04 Jan 1939: Greece has joined the Allies. A good move.
07 Jan 1939: I draw up plans for Belgium and France. Both countries have no forces defending their borders.
15 Jan 1939: My Fuel stocks are now increasing....
....and my Destroyers are being refitted. Only 8 more are in the queue.
17 Jan 1939: I add a Refinery and 3 Fuel Silos to my Construction queue.
I'm not quite sure what I am getting into but I believe that I am prepared for the worst..

Comments