Italy - The Italo-Austrian Campaign (I) - 25 Nov 1936 to 10 Jan 1937

25 Nov 1936: I assign 3 Air Wings to Army Alpine. I know that Army Alpine has only 5 Alpine Divisions but during the campaign, if my battleplan works, it will be receiving divisions transferred from Army Austria.
I assign Alfredo Guzzoni to the Military High Command for the extra boni.
I declare war on Austria....
....then launch a massive attack on that lone Austrian Division.
26 Nov 1936: Very dead.
01 Dec 1936: It takes a while because of the excellent defensive terrain.
06 Dec 1936: The division has been pushed back and I now attack another Alpine Division in front of Innsbruck.
07 Dec 1936: Where the other Air Wings are assigned. The 'green' means we have Air Superiority.
Army Austria is attacking in order to pin down the Austrian divisions in front of my right flank.
11 Dec 1936: It's still pretty much even at the moment.
13 Dec 1936: That second division has been pushed back but I have a problem. The Infantry Divisions want to go back to the Army Austria Front.
15 Dec 1936: I transferr 11 divisions from Army Austria to Army Alpine. Problem solved.
18 Dec 1936: I order an attack to capture Salzburg.
22 Dec 1936: We can count on you Franklin!
I create a one division Army to defend the rail junction S. of Innsbruck so that Army Alpine, and its frontline, can advance eastwards.
30 Dec 1936: We are at the gates of Salzburg. Beyond the city there is more room to maneuver
02 Jan 1937: Salzburg is about to fall and I send 3 Alpine Divisions south of the city through the mountains.
06 Jan 1937: Salzburg has fallen and my further plans. I still haven't captured Innsbruck.
06 Jan 1937: Still very low casualties but the war is now in my favour.
07 Jan 1937: A good idea, Benito.
I unlock the Air Doctrine Formation Flying.
10 Jan 1937: Our forces are approaching the cities Weis and Linz.
We've taken over 6 weeks to get this far. The terrain favours the defence. 

Comments