Germany - Modermization of the Wehrmacht (I) - 24 Oct to 01 Nov 1942

24 Oct 1942: Not quite historical but we are converting Panzer IV's to Jagdpanthers.
Also Hummels from Panzer III As and T-32s....
....and last but not least, StuG IIIs from T-32s. Important is that Panthers are not being converted to anything.
I don't want to waste the Wespe A's so I add a Wespe Battalion to the Motorized Infantry Division template.
I also rename the SS-Divisions. That happened in real life before they became Panzergrenadier Divisions then Panzer Divisions.
I now adjust the Panzer Division's Equipment chart to ensure that new divisions only receive the latest German equipment. Existing Panzer Divisions will only receive the new equipment as replacements.
In the SS Divisions I ensure that they only receive the StuG III and Wespe.
My Aircraft Carrier and Battleship production.
I order Armee Russland to Vlores in Albania. I intend shipping it to Siberia to show presence there.
I assign trained ships to the Schwarzmeer Flotte.
I stop new Destroyers and U-Boots arriving in the Black Sea.
I create 1940 Destroyer Hull C variant by replacing a Torpedo Launcher module with a Mine-Laying module.
27 Oct 1942: The Resistance level in Slovenia has dropped to 22%.
I convert these 10 Infantry Divisions in Armee Alpen to Sturm-Divisionen....
....and I ship Panzerkorps Guderian from Tripoli to Abruzzo in Italy.
30 Oct 1942: I add a Medium SP Artillery Battalion to the Panzer Division's template.
31 Oct 1942: I now have a huge shortage of Medium SP Artillery.
01 Nov 1942: I cancel the production of early Bf 109's but there are still many stockpiled for conversion to Bf 109 A's.
My adjusted Panzer production.
I start constructing a couple of Dockyards in Istria.
This part of an ongoing modernization of the Wehrmacht. I'm trying to introduce new equipment and upgrade older equipment at the same time. 

Comments