Germany - Stalemate in Spain plus Czechoslovakia - 28 Jan to 06 Feb 1939

28 Jan 1939: I open a new attack towards Malaga.
01 Feb 1939: As you can see it isn't getting anywhere fast.
I can now concentrate on preparing to demand Sudetenland with my next National Focus. My current Army production.
I order 1st Army to Krakow....
....and see that 9 Sturm-Divisionen in training are already in a good location.
I order 2nd Army to Graz....
....and Armee Österreich to Nürnberg.
I cancel the Garrison orders for Armee Mitte....
....and deploy 10 Sturm-Divisionen early then put them in training.
02 Feb 1939: Back in Spain I cancel the attack towards Malaga. 5. Panzer-Division is typical for 1. Armeegruppe. Only 47% fighting strength. It now has 31 Panzer I's available and is missing 81 tanks. It also has no artillery.
06 Jan 1939: Despite that I order von Kluge to attack the single Republican division NE of Granada. Maybe he can achieve something there.
At home in Germany I deploy 3 new Air Wings in Niederschlesien (Lower Silesia)....
....and remind the Dutch again. The UK is ahead because I've been concentrating on Spain too much.
I start upgrading the Abwehr with Radio Interception Group (2).
I take a look at the Soviet Union. The Civil War will soon be over.
I've received the Scharnhorst and Blücher plus several destroyers but they still need more training.
I still have a large Artillery deficit and my Infantry Equipment doesn't look too good either. The attack in Spain has faltered as well.
I have a chronic shortage of Light Tanks too - over 300 days of production at the current rate.
Finally in Königsberg I enlarge the two Air Wings stationed there.
A huge surprise awaits me in the next post. Not what I had in mind. 

Comments