Germany - Spain Gets Crazier and Slovenia - 20 Aug to 23 Oct 1937

20 Aug 1937: The Resistance levels in Poland are still too high for my liking so I'm going to garrison active Wehrmacht units there.
I transfer the Sturm-Divisionen from 1. Panzerkorps to Armee Ost....
....and SS-Verfügungstruppe to 1. Armee. I delete the Armee's orders at the French border....
....and assign it to occupation duties in former Poland.
21 Aug 1937: Marineschule Kiel has ships that need to exercise....
....and three Air Wings in Warsaw need more training.
Back in Spain I order Armee Espana to Bilbao.
02 Sep 1937: I order Armee Espana to the frontline at Salamanca.
04 Sep 1937: A new faction appears in Spain, the Carlists, and they promptly declare war on everybody. Also my Cryptology Department has been formed.
05 Sep 1937: The World News takes up the story and I give my Armee Espana new orders. 
08 Sep 1937: Research has finished on Improved Oil Processing....
....and I select Improved Infantry Equipment I as my next project.
14 Sep 1937: The technology Excavation I has been researched.
I select to research MG 34 and 5 cm Granatwerfer 36 to further upgrade the Army.
22 Sep 1937: The Hispanic Alliance in Latin America is nice but the peaceful acquisition of Slovenia is another major victory for Germany.
We are advancing into Carlist Spain.
My next Focus is the First Ljubljana Award which gives gains to Hungary and Bulgaria. That should keep them happy with us.
23 Sep 1937: Details of the London Conference.
I begin building an Intel Network in Latium, Italy.
I also tidy up my units involved in naval exercises.
Finally the Resistance levels in former Poland are looking better.
05 Oct 1937: Carlist Spain is getting smaller and our Panzer-Divisionen are playing an important role.
06 Oct 1937: A Republican division is trapped in Burgos so we attack in order to free it.
23 Oct 1937: Mission accomplished and now 1st and 2nd Panzer-Divisionen are attacking towards Valladolid, the Carlist capital.
Finally the Spanish Directory appears to be having export problems but we are not affected (yet).
Spain is getting more complicated - I wonder what will happen next. In Germany we have successfully acquired Austria and Slovenia without a shot being fired. Time to concentrate on the inevitable conflict with the Soviet Union.

Comments