France: Mussolini Dead and German-Russian Relations - 08 Aug to 24 Aug 1939

08 Aug 1939: We are mopping up in Cyrenaica and intend linking up with the British as soon as possible.
09 Aug 1939: That's a good beginning.
10 Aug 1939: Good riddance, Benito.
12 Aug 1939: We have completed resrearching Concentrated Industry III....
....And I select Construction III next.
My current Research projects.
16 Aug 1939: I'm indecisive about Trento. I don't want my troops stuck on the wrong side of the river. I'd rather secure my flank first.
17 Aug 1939: That's excellent. I prefer Verona to Trento.
19 Aug 1939: Verona is my next goal. We can use the river as a defence line.
20 Aug 1939: Flank secure so next stop Verona.
21 Aug 1939: Just a feint. My divisions are still moving forward. The Italians appear to be nearer to Milano. Did I miss a counteratteck?
23 Aug 1939: The assault on Verona begins.
The Germans are really geared up. Russia doesn't have a common border with Germany. Poland is in the way again.
Not funny. Are they going after Indochine?
24 Aug 1939: There are 5 divisions there.
The Italians are still clinging on in Libya.
Germany and Russia are on a collision course.
So the Russians have a war goal against Estonia but that's an Italian League. The SSSR would then be an ally of ours. This could become complicated,
Italy is coloured yellow. What does that mean?
Austria-Hungary is also green but according to the Diplomacy Ledger they are not in the same faction as Germany. Confusing.
Verona is about to fall....
....and now it's ours.
The War Summary and the Italian League is clearly losing. They have only 62 divisions compared to our 75 and are 20% towards capitulation. Italy now only has 92 Factories compared to our 123.
We are erodong the Italian economy which has been our goal all along. However the situation is getting complicated in Central Europe. 

Comments