France - The First Week At War With Italy - 25 Mar to 31 Mar 1939

25 Mar 1939: I activate Army Alpine's invasion of Sardinia.
Army Tunisia isn't yet fully assembled but the 8 divisions at the front are enough for the initial attack.

Army Maginot is activated next and I send two divisions south of Torino hopimg to sneak through the gap in their line..
I also use Force Attack.
The plans for all divisions of Army Maginot.
Next I am giving orders to divisions of Army Home.
Most of Army Mobile is ordered attacks now but I must be careful because I have little Fuel.
26 Mar 1939: The Carlists have been defeated in Spain.
The green 85 is encouriging.
I use Force Attack on ArmyTunisia too. Note that I only have 30 days of Fuel - 30 days at the top of the screen.
We have entered Libya. We should easily capture Tripoli.
27 Mar 1939: The plans for Army Home. Now I only have 12 days of Fuel but I have a plan.
28 Mar 1939: My Naval production and Army Home has been activated. Italy has has quickly organized reinforcements. This won't be a walkover.
I ask for the Lend Lease of Fuel from both the UK and USA.
Good, the Hellenic Republic is still resisting.
We receive 32K Fuel from both nations.
30 Mar 1939: Slow progress against now two divisions in Sardinia.
Two of our Merchants have been sunk. That's a large Italian Fleet though.
Looking great in Libya. There are now 10 divisions in Libya and we now have 35 days of Fuel.
I had forgotten Army Somalia. The Allies have already captured most of Abyssinia.
We have captured Torino and I add another division to our attack along the coast.
31 Mar 1939: That worked so hopefully we have the momentum to capture Genova. The enemy now has Air Superiority in the Alpine Region.
I add two divisions to the attack towards Milano.
I also reinforce my attack towards Lugano.
We have made good progress so far but the terrain benfits the Italians. My long term goal is to capture the industrial north of Italy in order to weaken its economy. 

Comments