Germany - The Reich Expands - Early February 1938

30 Jan 1938: Rommel's Panzerkorps breaks through the Spanish lines.
01 Feb 1938: No Spanish (or Italian) forces advance with him so a more limited plan is set in motion: roll-up the frontline. 
03 Feb 1938: 1. Panzer-Division is counterattacked out of Zaragoza while 2. and 3. Panzer-Divisionen attack south.
09 Feb 1938: Der Anschluß or the Union begins. German troops march into Austria.
The National Focus Anschluß has been completed while in Spain 2. Panzer-Division advances to join 1. Panzer-Division.
We can invite Hungary to join the Axis...
...so we do!
I collect all the Austrian Divisions and put them in a Training School.
We also gained several Austrian CF's and Military Factories (MF's) which are put to good use.
I need Tungsten to produce Panzer III's so I import it from Portugal. That costs 3 CF's.
Hungary accepts our offer.
I select Walther Funk, a War Industrialist, as Political Advisor.
Then Demand Slovenia is chosen as my next National Focus.
The divisions in the Armeeschule are sent to guard the Italian border while they are training.
10 Feb 1938: The newspapers have caught up with events.
13 Feb 1938: I put pressure on Yugoslavia. Although its independence is guaranteed by France and Czechoslovakia they won't intervene if Yugoslavia yields to German demands.
15 Feb 1938: Meanwhile in Spain 2 Panzer-Divisionen are attacking Zaragoza.
We have plenty of fuel: 2.5K gain vs. 521 consumption.
I still decide to build another Refinery in Oberbayern - near to Slovenia just in case we need it.
16 Feb 1938: France is busy in Indo-China and not in any faction but where are all the Italian troops? It's not going Communist either. Good!
The UK is busy rearming so there is nothing to concern me there.
The UK has caught up with me! I have to remind the Dutch to trade with Germany not the UK.
18 Feb 1938: My Research projects.
I take a break here. A summary of all the nations. We are #3 but I hope to change that in the not too distant future.
I need to campaign more to get some new pics. Tschuß!

Comments