Allies - Miscellaneous and Housekeeping - 04 Aug to 26 Aug 1939

04 Aug 1939: I have moved 2nd Army to Burma so I place it in Asia Theatre....
....and here it is about to arrive in Rangoon.
The flag to the right is Romania. I don't want to get dragged into a silly French war so at the moment I don't invite them to join the Allies.
Let's take a look at the Mexican Civil War - it doesn't look good for the Junta.
What a surprise! Greece is giving British weapons to the Comintern member Japan. I'll have to have a word with them.
05 Aug 1939: The 14th Indian Division is assigned to Army ANZAC.
06 Aug 1939: HMS Maori is trained and I assign it to Channel Force.
The East Med Fleet needs Naval Exercises.
08 Aug 1939: These 3 Squadrons need some Pilot Exercises....
....as does the 26th Squadron in Rhodes....
....and the 27th Squadron at Malta.
Finally I deploy the new 30th Squadron in Somaliland equipped with Whitworth bombers.
14 Aug 1939: Training the whole Armoured Corps just because of one division is a waste of tanks and fuel so I transfer the 2nd Armoured Division to Army Training.
I assign the trained 1st Airborne Division to 1st Army.
19 Aug 1939: Research has been completed on the 1940 Cruiser Hull....
....and I select Inclined Belt Cruiser Armour Scheme next. That is for the Heavy Cruiser variant.
I create a Light Cruiser variant with extra Anti-Aircraft, an extra Medium Battery plus Sonar.
I then put it into production. I'll give it more Dockyards later. Four ships should be enough for the moment.
23 Aug 1939: Well that is a surprise. They have voted against Gandhi.
I want all of Army ANZAC to be in Port Said so I ship these divisions from Eritrea.
Turkey is Non-Aligned and its independence is guaranteed by Romania.
26 Aug 1939: At least I don't have to remind the Dutch.
No new wars in this post but at least the Royal Navy will soon have a new Light Cruiser. 

Comments