Germany - The Polish Campaign - 24 Dec 1936 to 13 Jan 1937

24 Dec 1936: I order the I. U-Boots Flottille and Hochseeflotte to patrol the Lower Baltic Sea.
I move my Naval Air Wing further East and assign it to anti-ship duties.
26 Dec 1936: The War Justification against Poland has completed....
....so I declare war without calling Romania.
I also assign 3 trained divisions to 1st Army.
My plans are to attack the Polish defences along the entire front primarily to pin down their divisions to prevent them from regrouping.
The War Summary....
....and the Luftwaffe deployment.
27 Dec 1936: Germany is in the headlines again! A lot of high green battle figures.
29 Dec 1936: We have broken through their lines north of Breslau. The 17. Infanterie-Division pursues the lone Polish Kavallerie- Division.
31 Dec 1936: The breach has been widened.
01 Jan 1937: Guderian's Panzerkorps has pushed back the determined enemy division and can now advance east and north as planned.
02 Jan 1937: The technology Active Sonar has been researched....
....and I select 3,7 cm Pak 36 anti-tank gun next. 
We now have a large breach in the west and the Poles are in serious trouble. All their divisions are at the front and they have little reserves, if any.
Later in the day Guderian's drive to Warsaw is almost unopposed.
03 Jan 1937: Armee Ostpreussen has also made good progress.
I give garrisons a high priority.
Just before midnight I call Romania into the war....
....and they gladly accept the invitation. 
I can also spare 1st Panzer-Division to wreak havoc in the enemy rear and capture cities (victory points).
06 Jan 1937: Warsaw has fallen and that is earlier than I had expected.
Poland is already 78% towards capitulation. Losses on both sides are low.
Their new capital Danzig is my next goal.
08 Jan 1937: Danzig has obviously fallen because Kattowice is now the capital. I divert forces to capture the city.
Now the Poles are 91% towards capitulation.
13 Jan 1937: Wow! That was quick. Kattowice must have been captured. 
There is a modest amount of equipment captured and Poland has been conquered at minimal cost. 

Comments