Germany - Preparations for Russian Campaign (I) - 19 Sep to 10 Oct 1939

19 Sep 1939: Now that Romania is no longer a potential problem I decide to transfer 2nd Army to our border with the URS.
20 Sep 1939: The 2nd Army is in transit.
25 Sep 1939: the 9. Panzer-Division has been deployed and I place it in training.
I add the trained 1. Bohemian Division to 1st Army in France.
26 Sep 1939: The Russians have no troops on their western border with the Reich! The Japanese are really keeping them busy.
27 Sep 1939: I have 2 Battleships and a Heavy Cruiser in training.
I begin improving the Rail Network in the eastern Reich.
28 Sep 1939: I assign 6 trained Sturm-Divisionen to 3rd Army.
I allow the SS to recruit volunteers in Belgium.
29 Sep 1939: Himmler gets reminded who is in charge here.
07 Oct 1939: The Bulgarian Civil War has ended and the Communists lost the conflict.
Which means that the the URS is now the only member of the 4th International.
The Abwehr recruits another Operator, Herman Wilbs.
All 4 Operators are assigned to building an Intel Network in Russia.
10 Oct 1939: The Battleship Scharnhorst is assigned to the Hochseeflotte.
Support Equipment is still my only problem zone.
Finally the Global Summary comparing the German economic strength with the Russian weakness in that area.
My preparations have now officially begun. The Rail Network has priority at the moment but Russia is very weak so I shouldn't need a very strong army. Quantity is more important than quality. Captured territory needs 'Boots on the Ground'. 

Comments