Germany - Upgrading the Wehrmacht - 19 Jul to 28 Aug 1939

19 Jul 1939: It's time to upgrade my Panzer II A tanks. I give the same gun and engine as the Panzer
III A as well as more MG's, smoke launchers and extra armour. 
There are already 608 available and more will arrived as they are replace by the Panzer III A's
I adjust my Panzer production. The 1774 total light tanks includes other models. A formidable force.
I need more Tungsten so I import it from Norway this time.
20 Jul 1939: The battleship Gneisenau has joined the Scharnhorst in training.
23 Jul 1938: My Research - next month I shall be receiving the 1940 Cruiser Hull and the MP 38.
25 Jul 1939: I reduce my Sicherungs-Divisionen from 6 battalions of infantry to 4 battalions. That will save manpower.
26 Jul 1939: The 7. Panzer-Division is fully-trained and I assign it to 1. Panzerarmee.
Six Sicherungs-Divisionen have been deployed and I place them in training.
I now start recruiting 10 divisions per batch.
28 Jul 1939: I send a Lend Lease package to Greece....
....and they accept. The material is good enough to fight the Yugoslavians.
04 Aug 1939: Sweden can't supply the Tungsten I require....
....so I import it from Portugal and the British Empire instead.
The British amphibious assault (green) in Romania appears to have gained a foothold.
06 Aug 1939: I don't need to build anymore Convoys at the moment. I can use those three Dockyards in the production of Capital Ships.
My current Naval production plus new 1940 Destroyers.
I need more Chromium which I import from Greece.
I can select a new Air Doctrine so I take Direct Ground Support.
10 Aug 1939: I create two new Air Wings at Lwów.
16 Aug 1939: The 1940 Cruiser Hull has been researched....
....and I select Advanced Armour Protection next.
18 Aug 1939: Forces of the British Empire are at the gates of Bucharest. 
23 Aug 1939: Now they have to deal with a Civil War in India.
My Focus Reichsautobahn has completed.... 
....and I select German War Economy next which gives me 6 more Military Factories.
28 Aug 1939: We have completed researching MP 38....
....and I choose to research Advanced Engine next.
My current Research projects. I have all the bits and pieces except for a new Tank Gun.
My Logistics table with Support Equipment being the only problem zone.
My Construction queue. I have enough Civilian Factories (58) but I could use more Military Factories and more importantly I need to improve the Infrastructure in Poland and Eastern Europe.
Finally the Global Summary and I have just realized that I have more divisions than the Russians, more aircraft and more than twice as many factories. Their war against Japan is taking its toll.
I guess that time is on my side. Maybe I should consider sending Japan some Lend Lease. 

Comments