Germany - Moscow Falls and Stalingrad Threatened - 22 Jun to 13 Jul 1941

22 Jun 1941: I making a thrust in the north again and hopefully create another encirclement west of Kalinin.
23 Jun 1941: We accept the Yugoslavian divisions.
I locate 6 of them on the first sweep....
....then the other 6 divisions- I create 6th Army and order it to march to Moscow.
25 Jun 1941: I've been neglecting the Caucasus so I start a thrust to Batumi. Most of the forces there are not under my control.
I also order stragglers from 3rd and 4th Armies to support the push towards Stalingrad.
27 Jun 1941: The big view of operations in the south and Caucasus. The momentum is still there.
Another thrust towards Moscow - this time from the southwest.
30 Jun 1941: We have made great advances towards Moscow from the northwest. Hungary? Whatever.
01 Jul 1941: It's time to plan beyond Moscow.
03 Jul 1941: The frontline in northern Ukraine. Because of the length of the front it is difficult to concentrate forces. Our armies have also been reducing pockets behind our frontline.
04 Jul 1941: Moscow falls. Two reasons to celebrate in the USA.
I'm breaking up Army Group 1 to reorganize the frontline.
There have been amphibious landings in the Taranto/Bari area. I'm advancing towards Napoli and Foggia.
06 Jul 1941: Communist Italy is 76% towards capitulation.
07 Jul 1941: Napoli has been captured and we are attacking down the northern coast of Italy
11 Jul 1941: We have cracked the Soviet codes and I order the decryption.
12 Jul 1941: The answer is no!
13 Jul 1941: I create 2nd Army Group from 1st Army and Panzerarmee 2.
I give orders to capture Foggia and push to the 'toe' of Italy.
I plan a new stop line for 3rd Army much further east.
Stalingrad is now the capital of the Soviet Union but that city will soon be captured. What should I do after the Soviets have been defeated? 

Comments