Turkey - HOI4 Great War - May to August 1910

01 May 1910: I've selected Turkey because it can be very interesting. The Ottoman Empire is no match for the Great Powers of Europe at the beginning of the 20th century but it can develop. There are indeed plenty of opportunities because Turkey is lacking everything. This is not just about World War I but also the Balkan Wars and Italian Expansion.
The Ottoman Empire from the Balkans to Palestine, Basra and northern Libya.
My first research projects. Look at the dates of these technologies!
My first construction plans.
I start with Infantry Divisions that consist of only 3 battalions of infantry. I add a 4th battalion plus an artillery battalion to beef them up a little. That makes my divisions twice as strong of those of my neighbours.
My initial Production. Enough said!
Check out my Air Force!
My first Focus is Balkan Politics. I get +100 PP and +5% Base Stability.
18 May 1910: The Albanian Revolt - welcome to the Balkans....
01 Jun 1910: South Africa becomes more autonomous.
10 Jun 1910: A border war begins in Albania. Not represented as actual combat in this game.
My only airfield is in Tripoli so that's where I found my first squadron.
I also begin to organize my Army in the Balkans. I want to discourage Greek support for the Albanians.
10 Jul 1910: My first Focus has been completed....
....as well as a research project. I select Heavy Industry I next...
....then spend 150 PP on Ahmed Tevlik to increase my PP gain/day and finally....
....I choose Political Effort as my next National Focus.
24 Jul 1910: "Oh well" sums it up....
02 Aug 1910: I assign Mustafa Ismet to my Military High Command.
12 Aug 1910: I select Mass Charge as my first Army Doctrine - it's the only one that I can choose.
I also select Mechanical Computing.
28 Aug 1910: I have a huge deficit of field guns but I'm on to it!
29 Aug 1910: Prince Nicholas of Montenegro is elevated to King. Whoopee!
That concludes this first post. Until soon.

Comments